The following is a short-listing of quick craps tips. These tips are meant as a supplement to basic craps rules and strategy. Follow these craps tips for some general craps playing guidelines and a bit of advice from experienced craps players.
- Ask the dealer for help. A good dealer is always willing and able to answer your questions.
- Keep your hands to yourself! You don’t want to disrupt the game by getting your hands in the way of a toss. Keep them off the table when the dice are being thrown.
- Don’t throw your money away. Take a moment to review the table and game in progress before you put your money down.
- Don’t get in over your head. Stick to tables that have a minimum you’re comfortable with. I bad run at a high minimum can have a very bad effect on your bankroll.
- Give the dice a good toss. Don’t try to slide them across the table or drop them. One false roll is fine for a beginner but don’t make a habit out of it.
- Pick up after yourself. It’s your responsibility to pick up your winnings. Don’t expect the dealer to hand them to you.
- The optimum long play strategy is to make Pass/Don’t Pass and Come/Don’t Come bets.
- Never make a Line or Come bet that you can’t back up with full Odds. The Odds are where you can minimize the house edge.
- Place the six or eight to win in multiples of $6. These are the only worthwhile place bets on the craps table.
- Don’t get in the middle. The proposition bets in the center of the table have a high house advantage. Some carry a casino advantage as high as 16%!
- Keep it to yourself. If you are a Don’t Pass bettor never yell, “Come on, seven!” It’s extremely rude to root against your fellow players.
- You may need to ask the dealer to place some wagers for you.