Casino Deposit Methods in 2022
Today, there are enough deposit methods at real money online casinos to confuse and entice any inexperienced gambling enthusiast. While this is certainly an advantage, it can be challenging to choose the best payment method for your personal needs. We are here to help you solve this issue.
In this article, you’ll find guidance on several of the most common deposit methods. We’ll also cover their limits, as well as which ones to avoid in certain situations. Keep reading to discover everything you need to know about casino payment methods.
Types of Deposit Methods for Online Casinos
Credit and Debit Cards
In the US, a number of credit cards are not accepted by online casinos. This is due to a series of strict gambling regulations. If you’re determined to try, be aware that VISA cards have the highest acceptance rate of all credit card providers. As for MasterCard and American Express, you may have to run through several cards before finding one that works.
You’ll probably have better luck using your debit card when you gamble online. This is because casinos are far more likely to accept a method of payment that doesn’t rely on credit. On the plus side, you don’t run the chance of indebting yourself by spending money you don’t actually have. Whichever card you use, be aware that you’re in for some type of fee.
- Credit cards as deposit methods allow online casinos to offer players cash backs.
- You have limits set by the bank.
- There’s an extreme level of safety to using credit cards.
- They’re a globally-accepted payment method for online casinos.
- Setting up a credit card as a payment method at online casinos is a fast process.
- There are additional fees if used as deposit methods at online casinos.
- Credit cards cannot be used in certain countries.
- You can’t withdraw using credit cards.
There are a number of advantages to using e-wallets like PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill. Not only are they lightning-fast, but they request lower fees than the traditional payment methods. In addition, they add an extra layer of consumer protection because no sensitive financial information needs to be added on-site. You will fund your e-wallet using a linked debit or credit card.
E-wallet platforms like Neteller and Skrill also offer exclusive prepaid cards. With these prepaid cards, you’ll also be able to cash out your winnings at an ATM. This means you can avoid the hassle of having to send your money from your casino account, to your e-wallet, and finally to your bank account. Note that getting a prepaid card will require you to verify your sign-up information with your e-wallet provider.
Even though e-wallets are reliable and efficient payment methods, they’re not available to all players online. Make sure that you check the laws in your own state before signing up for an e-wallet account to use for online gambling.
The general lack of support for e-wallets as deposit methods is why many American players prefer using cards or other means to fund their accounts.
Pros of E-wallet Payments
- It offers a lot of privacy.
- It keeps you accountable for your finances, since all your transactions are in one place.
- Easy to use, especially since e-wallets take less than 10 minutes to set up.
- Fast deposit and withdrawal times.
- Practically no fees for deposits.
Cons of E-wallet Payments
- E-wallets as deposit methods are banned for many U.S online casinos.
- Prepaid cards expire after one year.
Cash Transfer Services
Cash transfer payment methods such as MoneyGram and Western Union are popular choices for US players. They allow you to add an extra layer of security to your transactions at gambling sites. Payments using cash transfer services rarely fail. This includes both deposits and withdrawals, with the latter also being faster and more convenient than wire transfers.
However, the fees involved with cash transfer services are a huge deterrent. For example, MoneyGram can charge between $10 and $100 per transaction. They can be significant enough to turn a winning gambler into a break-even gambler. If the player is already a break-even gambler, they can be turned into losing, or even angry, gamblers.
Pros of Cash Transfer Services
- Cash transfer services such as MoneyGram and Western Union are widely available.
- Cash transfers are fast and convenient to use.
- They’re also relatively easy to use for withdrawals.
Cons of Cash Transfer Services
- Extensive fees.
- Payments cannot be tracked when using MoneyGram.
Otherwise known as electronic checks, e-checks are digital versions of paper checks – without the setup stage. Using this deposit method is incredibly straightforward, since casino sites take players right to the processing stage. After this, all they need to do is type in their account and routing number.
Pros of E-checks
- Payments are trackable by your bank.
- Ideal for making large deposits.
- Fast deposits and withdrawals.
- Little to no fees involved.
Cons of E-checks
- Payouts by mail check are super slow.
- Not every online casino accepts e-checks as a deposit method.
Paysafecard is a prepaid payment method used at online casinos to fund your account without any setup process. This online casino deposit method boasts increased security and fast processing times. Paysafecard cards come in the form of codes that have to be entered on request at your favorite gambling site.
Pros of Paysafecard
- You don’t have to share any banking details before you can use Paysafecard.
- It’s an even safer alternative to e-wallets and credit cards.
- There are no hidden fees.
- Paysafecard has purchase outlets all over the world.
Cons of Paysafecard
- It’s not always an available option for making withdrawals.
- Deposit limits are much smaller than other payment methods.
- Players have to visit a Paysafecard site to buy codes.
Cryptocurrencies have taken the world by storm because of certain advantages, including anonymity, privacy, and speedy transactions. The best aspect about them, however, is that you don’t have to go to great lengths to set up accounts. All you need is the receiving cryptocurrency address, and you can instantly fund your casino account. Popular cryptocurrencies available include Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
Pros of Cryptocurrencies
- There are low transaction fees involved.
- Payments are convenient to process.
- Transactions are speedy, with deposits reflected in minutes.
- Payments are also anonymous.
Cons of Cryptocurrencies
- Some sites don’t offer cryptocurrency as a withdrawal method.
- The volatile nature of cryptocurrencies means their value can decrease at any time.
Now that you know more about the top casino deposit methods, you are better equipped to make your choice. New payment methods are always popping up, so if they haven’t been included in this guide, be sure to do your research before signing up.