Sports Betting Tips
The following is a short-listing of quick sports betting tips. These tips are meant as a supplement to basic sports betting strategies. Follow these betting tips for some general sports betting guidelines and a bit of advice from experienced sports bettors.
- Sports betting is more about information than luck. Don’t only count on having good luck.
- Be sure to stay informed about the latest betting news. The more you know the better your chances of winning will be.
- Listen to your head not your heart. Don’t just bet on the team you like more, do research and be objective.
- Never risk more than 25 to 30 percent of your bankroll on any given week.
- Never bet more than you are comfortable losing.
- Limit the number of bets you make at one time. Placing too many bets is playing against the odds.
- Do not increase your bets in order to make up for previous losses. This will only result in greater losses.
- Winning and losing streaks are a part of sports betting; don’t let them affect the amount you wager.
- You only need to have a small winning edge to make a profit gambling on sports. Don’t expect to win 70 or 80 percent of the time. A 55 percent winning average can result in a nice profit over the long run.
- Wait to place bets on sports games, you’ll have more information about injuries and other game conditions.
- Remember you are betting against the oddsmaker not the bookmaker taking your bets.
- A point spread is not a prediction on the outcome of the game. The point spread is designed so that the oddsmaker can expect equal money to be bet on each side.
- Sportsbooks adjust the odds based on the number of bettors on each side. Look for anomalies based on public favorites.
- Future bets can be some of the most profitable sports bets. If you are very knowledgeable about the sport in question then consider futures betting.
Horse Racing Tips
The following is a short-listing of quick horse racing tips. These tips are meant as a supplement to basic horse racing betting strategies. Follow these betting tips for some general horse betting guidelines and a bit of advice from experienced horse bettors.
- A horse with a decent chance of winning and is not overly backed is often a good bet.
- Avoid betting on horses that have just moved up in class. They are still inexperienced in the new class level.
- Give preference to fast starters when the track conditions are slow, muddy or heavy. These conditions tend to favor horses that can take an early lead.
- Favor horses that have run recently. Horses that haven’t raced for a while may have suffered recent injury or illness.
- Experienced jockeys may have an advantage in longer distance races, over a mile. The importance of a jockey’s ability increases with distance.